Mentorship Program Referral Bonus Opportunity
Submittal Form, Sales Tool and Policy
Note: It is YOUR responsibility to read and follow the Policy of the Mentorship Program Referral Bonus Opportunity, prior to submittal of a referral to the Certification Program. The entire Policy is located at the bottom of the page.
a. AFTER you have personally spoken to a person who is interested in learning more about the opportunity, you may send them the current Summary Program Description “Flipbook” document.
August 2018 English Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/program-description-august2018/ (copy and paste this link)
August 2018 Spanish Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/descripcion-del-programa-agosto-2018/ (copy and paste this link)
March 2019 English Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/program-description-march2019/ (copy and paste this link)
March 2019 Spanish Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/descripcion-del-programa-marzo-2019/ (copy and paste this link)
August 2019 English Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/program-description-august2019/ (copy and paste this link)
August 2019 Spanish Version – https://johnmaxwellteam.com/descripcion-del-programa-agosto-2019/ (copy and paste this link)
b. AFTER you have personally spoken to a person you can also send this link to invite them to watch and listen to what other Team Members are saying about this opportunity. www.JohnMaxwellTeam.com/Invitation (copy and paste this link)
NOTE – please do not just email these links out to anyone or post them in any capacity. They are to be used exclusively by you to share with a person you have spoken to, who is looking at joining the program.
As a unique bonus for joining the Mentorship Program, we encourage you to personally speak about the value, benefits and your experience of the John C. Maxwell Certification Program to assist those individuals who may be interested in the opportunity to join the John Maxwell Team.
In doing so, there is basic policy, guidelines and a process to follow to make sure that the person you are submitting will qualify as an eligible Mentorship Program Referral.
Our policy on whether or not a person submitted would be considered an eligible Mentorship Program Referral is:
The Mentorship Program Member (hereinafter referred to as “MPM”) must have personally connected and spoken to a person, at length and in detail (see Section D.3. below), regarding the program. It does not count as a referral if a person simply heard about the program from a MPM in the Program or knows the MPM.
The MPM has to actively engage and submit the referral’s name and contact details through the Mentorship Portal on the Resource Website and answer various questions about the referral, which will assist the Program Advisor who will then make contact with the referral. All of this must be done in a timely manner (it is suggested submittal through the portal be done the day of speaking with the potential referral). The MPM must continue to work with the Program Advisor to help secure their referral’s enrollment into the program.
Referral Fee (Commission)
The Company pays a referral fee (commission) that ranges from $0 – $1,000 (unless otherwise stated herein) for each member that you refer who enrolls in the program. The amount of the referral fee (commission) is based on the enrollment fee paid by your referral. When the referred member completes the full enrollment fee of $6997 with no other discounts or bonuses, you will receive the full commission. If the referred member pays a discounted price or receives bonuses that have a financial cost to the company of $200 or more, the referral fee (commission) will be adjusted to $250 – $500, depending on the amount of the referred member’s discounted enrollment fee or bonuses received. At times, the referred member’s enrollment fee may be deeply discounted. In such instances, the referral fee (commission) is $0, as the cost to the company would exceed the amount of the enrollment fee.
Note: All commission payments are contingent upon the referred member’s completion of the certification, including attendance at their live training event.
- A MPM must be active and in good standing in the Mentorship Program when a lead is submitted, in order for the lead to be considered an eligible referral.
- All referrals must be self-generated and have been personally communicated to, by the MPM, about the program. In other words, we do not allow a MPM to generate “referrals” through mass emails, posting of a link on social media as an advertisement, altering or utilizing the current marketing of the John Maxwell Team, making a general announcement at an event or at a meeting, etc. in order to bring prospects to the MPM.
- We do not accept referrals to our Program of a person who attended a John Maxwell Team hosted or sponsored event, a John Maxwell speaking event, whether associated or not with the John Maxwell Team, or any event hosted or sponsored by one of our Team Faculty, unless permission is given in writing prior thereto.
- PRIOR to the start of any conversation or spending any length of time, it is mandatory that you ask the potential prospect if he or she has spoken to anyone else about the program (i.e. another Team Member, a Program Advisor, etc) or if he or she has written in to receive information on their own, regardless if they have received a response back yet. Remember, there is a chance that a prospect may be utilizing you as a REFERENCE, which is not a referral, and so it could potentially make your referral ineligible due to being previously in contact with our program.
- At the end of any communication, it is mandatory that you receive permission from the potential prospect to submit their name as a referral so they know that a Program Advisor will be calling them to follow up with all of the details about the Certification Program.
- Should you feel the need to not have a Program Advisor reach out right away, please go ahead and submit the referral, but ask on the submittal form that no contact (be put on a hold status) be made until you notify us again. We will honor that request and check in with you periodically to see if there is an update. After 6 months if there is no written notification from you via the Mentorship portal to allow us to reach out to that prospect, you will lose the right to lock that person in as your referral, and that prospect may be marketed to.
In consideration of multiple group referrals (i.e. family members, companies, or the like) the John Maxwell Team, at its discretion, may offer a prospect a discount if the enrollment involves 2 or more members, which may affect the referral fee (commission) payout. Meaning – the 1st referral from any group must pay the full investment and then any subsequent referral may be offered a discount.
Example – if a MPM is referring multiple group referrals within 30 days of the initial submittal, the MPM will receive up to $1,000 referral fee (commission) for the initial referral and will also receive up to $1,000 referral fee (commission) for all subsequent referral(s); regardless of any discount the John Maxwell Team may offer the subsequent referrals. If an additional group referral is submitted after the 30 day period expires, the Program Advisor will speak to the referring MPM and let them know of the prospects request and if a discount is given, that discount will be taken from the original referral fee (commission) amount, but not to exceed 50%, per subsequent referral.
An illustration of the Example (within the 30 day period):
MPM refers prospects A, B, C and D from a group within 30 days of the initial submittal.
If the prospects request a multiple group enrollment discount, the John Maxwell Team may pay the full referral fee (commission) on A, B, C and D. In this case the MPM will be paid $1,000 on A, B, C and D, for a total payout owed of $4,000 to the MPM.
An illustration of the Example (after the 30 day period):
MPM initially refers prospect A then prospects B, C and D from the same group, 30 days after the date of submittal of A.
If the prospects request a multiple group enrollment discount, the John Maxwell Team may pay a full referral fee (commission) on A of $1,000, but may reduce the referral fee (commission) paid on B, C and D by no more than 50% of the original referral fee (commission) amount, per referral. In this case the MPM will be paid $1,000 on A and $500 each on B, C and D, for a total payout owed of $2,500 to the MPM.
- We do not allow direct submittal of a referral to any person on our Staff.
- All referrals must be submitted, in writing, through the Mentorship Program Tab portal, on the John Maxwell Team Resource Website.
- You must respond to all of the questions on the submittal form, as detailed as possible, including, but not limited to:
- Please do not put two or more referrals on one submittal form (i.e. a Husband and Wife). You must submit each referral separately, providing contact/information details for each person.
- You can not submit your contact details in place of the referral’s contact details, even for a temporary basis.
- You are encouraged to utilize the “Invitation” link, which is a webpage that has been especially created for Mentorship Program members to share with their referrals either before or immediately following submittal as a referral to the Program, which provides additional information upfront about the John C. Maxwell Certification Program.
- These changes to our current policy will NOT be retroactive to previously submitted referrals.
- The John Maxwell Team may modify any of the policies, guidelines and processes contained herein, at any time and in its sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new version of the Agreement on the Resource Website, and the Mentorship Program Member shall be bound by any changes immediately upon such posting. The Mentorship Program Member shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the Resource Website for notice of any changes.
Why you think this person would be a great fit for the John Maxwell Team;
Explaining how you shared the value that you have experienced from being part of the John Maxwell Team; and
Advising that you have explained the investment (cost of the program) with your referral. This will provide the Program Advisor with helpful information prior to contact being made with your referral.